I still remember my first day of school. It was exciting, but also stressful. I had mixed feelings of fear and anxiety, and even had a few tears in my eyes. Many of us have felt similar emotions as adults on the first day of a new job. Starting a new job can be both exciting and terrifying, from deciding which clothes to wear and items to carry with you to figuring out new tasks while trying to make a good first impression with your boss and coworkers. And then there’s the mountain of paper work that greets us upon arrival. (I always had second thoughts when I reached the “I agree the information provided is correct” section on every form I had to sign.)
Well, the experience is nerve-wracking not only for new employees, but for hiring managers also. Managers must take the reins to make new employees feel comfortable, schedule first-day meetings, familiarize the new hire with the the company culture, and so on and so on. With all these tasks to organize, the onboarding process easily can become overwhelming for managers.
Indeed, onboarding new hires is a hugely important step in your overall recruitment and retention strategy. Think about it. You’ve honed your employment brand, streamlined your recruiting process, and attracted the best talent. All those efforts, though, might go in vain if your new hire isn’t happy with the first step of his or her journey in your company and begins to rethink the decision to join the team.
So, why not take charge and make the new hire experience simple and positive for both employees and hiring managers, as well as other stakeholders. SuccessFactors Onboarding takes an innovative approach to the onboarding process. It offers tools like forms and task management, and advanced features such as guidance for the new hire, socialization, and talent development. SuccessFactors Onboarding makes it easier for new hires to turn into productive employees sooner.
Benefits for Corporate Representatives
- Simple wizards walk representatives through the process.
- User-friendly dashboards make tracking progress easy.
- The pre-day feature provides managers access to assign a buddy, recommend learning activities, schedule meetings, assign 30/60/90 day goals and other functions before the new hire ever arrives on site.
- Corporate and legal compliance is ensured because all the paperwork and steps are built into the process and administered consistently.
Benefits for New Hires
- The pre-day feature lets the new hire complete forms through a paperless process before arriving on the first day.
- The SuccessFactors Onboarding mobile application provides useful information including where to go, what to bring, the day’s schedule, and other important details to alleviate first-day anxiety.
- New hires can meet and interact virtually with their peers even before the first day.
SuccessFactors Onboarding creates an automatic, consistent, and efficient onboarding process. It enables new hires to build confidence and engagement that can improve first-year retention.
It’s time to make your new employees fall in love with your company on day one. A positive new hire onboarding experience has a domino effect. The faster new hires feel welcome and prepared, the faster they will be able to successfully contribute to the company’s growth and become ambassadors for your future recruitment efforts.
(Source: Reference Guide)
Click the button below to gain weekly access to useful SAP HCM and SuccessFactors blogs written by Whitaker-Taylor expert consultants.