Implementing, managing, and maintaining a human resources information system (HRIS) is a complex undertaking. The technology touches every person in your organization, and will profoundly affect the way your organization operates. Having the right consulting partner can make the difference between a system that helps your business succeed and a transaction tool nobody wants to use.
There are three primary areas where an independent consulting partner can make a big difference in the value of your HRIS to your business:
- a review of your current technology and how you can improve it to get better results
- implementation of new or replacement technology to expand and modernize your capabilities
- integration of your existing enterprise technology into a cohesive ecosystem.
If you find your current HRIS to be inadequate for your needs, the problem may not be the technology. An independent partner will help you assess your current system without the bias a software vendor brings to the process. Services will include:
- a strategy review to align your culture and purpose, business strategy, and workforce strategy
- functional consulting in workforce management and every aspect of talent management
- mapping your current processes, identifying bottlenecks and pain points, eliminating obsolete procedures, and assessing the upstream and downstream impact of proposed changes
- evaluating where technology can improve service delivery, improve operational results, and reduce costs.
If your assessment shows you have outgrown your current HRIS, an independent partner will be invaluable in helping you find and implement the right solution.
Implementing New Technology
There are hundreds of human capital management software providers. None of them is perfect. There is no ideal solution for everyone, but there is an ideal solution for your organization. An independent partner will help you find the right solution for your unique needs, then ensure a successful implementation. A partner will:
- assess the impact of your decisions on upstream and downstream processes
- help you develop a change management and communication plan
- measure the return on your investment and impact on the business
- provide continued support and periodic reviews
Your partner can also integrate your business applications into a unified system.
One of the most important features of enterprise software is connections with other applications. Most often, the labor costs you save by eliminating duplicate data entry and human error alone will more than pay for the cost.
The right partner can help you plan an integration strategy for your entire enterprise, including your partners, supply chain, and distribution channels. Your partner can also aggregate data sources to provide the business intelligence you need to make decisions at today’s speed of business. An experienced partner will create scalable data integrations that will serve you now and in the future.
Choose the Right Partner
The right partner can help your business succeed. Experience and expertise in your industry and your market are significant, but also consider cultural fit. You will want a partner who will work well with you and put your needs first.
Click the image below to download our White Paper!